Monday, August 16, 2010

Crock-pot Tostado Recipe

My Sister Christine gave me this recipe. It is so easy and everybody loved it.
It is for tostado shells which I did not have so I made some Navajo tacos.
You could use this recipe for tacos or nachos or even just a bean dip- anything Mexican. It was yummy!
Tostadas:
1 lb. ground beef, browned
2 cans refried beans
1 envelope dry taco seasoning mix8-oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water10 tostada shells
1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 lb. shredded cheddar cheese1 can sliced black olives
1 pint sour cream, guacamole, salsa ect...
1. Combine ground beef, refried beans, taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, and water in slow cooker.
2. Cover, Cook on Low 6 hours.
3. Crisp tostada shells.
4. Spread hot mixture on tostada shells.
Top with remaining ingredients

this makes a lot and we had some left overs. I was able to make burritos later in the week.

I just filled tortialla's with the meat mixtures topped with sour cream and cheese and rolled in up like a burrito. Topped with a little more sour cream and some cheddar cheese.

I had lettuce, salsa and olives out for toppings.
It was a big hit. I love it....two easy meals that everyone enjoyed!

4 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds delicious!! I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I tried to email you cake instructions and it came back to me...Ill try again, but maybe I dont have the right email. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. The navajo taco idea is great. I am going to do that as a meal this week- THANKS!

    ReplyDelete